This is why I shouldn’t be let outside
This is why I shouldn’t be let outside
do you ever think about how it only took steve rogers saying bucky’s name to unravel 70 years worth of brainwashing because i think about this every single fucking day
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
- "Am I dead?"
- "Another one?"
- "And what if I don’t?"
- "Are you afraid of God?"
- "Are you crazy?”
- "Are you lost?"
- "Are you really that shallow?"
- "Are you sure it’s okay?"
- "Are you sure there were no survivors?"
- "Can I trust you?"
- "Can we go now?"
- "Can we not fight tonight?"
- "Can’t or won’t?"
- "Do you even care about how I feel?"
- "Do you expect me to believe that?"
- "Do you have any idea what you just did?"
- "Do you love me?"
- "Do you trust me?"
- "Do you want to talk about it?"
- "How could you do this?"
- "How did you escape?"
- "How long has it been since you last slept?"
- "How long have you been there?"
- "Is that blood behind your ear?"
- "Is that really a gamble you’re willing to make?"
- "Just go, alright?"
- "Mind if I sleep here tonight?"
- "Tell me: have you ever been afraid like this?"
- "That’s the best you could come up with?"
- "Wait, were you being sarcastic or…?"
- "Want to hear a secret?"
- "Was I the only one who thought that?"
- "Well, that’s what I said, isn’t it?"
- "What are you?"
- "What are you doing here?"
- "What do I have to say to make you understand?"
- "What do you keep writing in that notebook?"
- "What do you want with me?"
- "What happened?"
- "What if you stayed this time?"
- "What if… what if I don’t want to be free?"
- "What’s in it for me?"
- "What’s in it for you?"
- "When have I ever lied to you?"
- "Where did you go?"
- "Where did you last see it?"
- "Where’s the rest of the body?"
- "Who are you?"
- "Who did this to you?"
- "Why are you so angry?"
- "Why are you so calm about this?"
- "Why do you have this urge to control people all the time?"
- "Why do you keep doing this to me?"
- "Why do you have to make everything about you?"
- "Why does it always have to be alcohol?"
- "Why don’t you come over here and prove it?"
- "Why is the truth so important to you?"
- "Why should I help you?"
- "Wouldn’t that be nice?"
- "You don’t remember me?"
- "You expect me to believe you haven’t done this before?"
- "You’ve been pretending all this time?"
Sharing a binding
This is a clever book from the 18th century, printed in Oxford in 1756. It presents both the Old and New Testament, although the books are not bound together the regular way, behind one another. Instead, the binder opted to place them next to each other. This very rare binding technique is part of a family that includes the dos-à-dos (or “back to back”) binding, which I blogged about before (here). Having the two testaments bound this way allowed the reader to consult passages from both books at the same time. Indeed, the empty pages in the front and back are filled with notes, including in Greek and Hebrew. It appears this clever binding had a reader to match.
Pic: Manchester, Chetham’s Library (source).
my life became 600% better when i started acting like a self obsessed piece of shit like 10/10 would recommend
even if u don’t actually genuinely love yourself its fuckin fun to act like you think you’re the human embodiment of perfection go on try it life’s too short to not fall in love with yourself
like how much more obvious does this need to be made for people to get it?
this isnt even an exaggeration
like at all
ye olde beyblade
let thou rip
I laughed so hard, I started crying.
very fucking punny you shits
with all the actual humour, tumblr still finds “teeth” the funniest thing.
i have hit rock bottom and its only tuesday
THERE IS ACTUALLY NOT A BETTER FEELING THEN TO HAVE A BESTFRIEND WHO ALSO THINKS OF U AS THEIR BESTFRIEND